Saturday, April 28, 2012

Outside Work #6: Shape Study

The second assignment in my 2D design class was to focus on shapes and create two designs out of cut black paper. One of the designs was to be based on positive space, and the other based on negative space.

For my first one, I used my trip to China as inspiration. Specifically the weekend when we went to Taishan, or Mount Tai. It's one of China's tallest mountains and also one of the five spiritual mountains of Buddhism. I represented the mountain and it's shadow, as well as the 12 dragon pillars at the base and the temple at the peak.

The second design focuses on my education and how it began in one place and was centralized in one community as my knowledge grew through the grades, until graduation and beginning college where the path of education becomes specific and branches off in multiple directions.


1 comment: