Saturday, March 3, 2012

Re: Shape and Form


In regards to this, my submission for our second project titled "Shape and Form," given my explanation that I'm an atheist in my most recent project post, I'd like to share my meaning that I came up with a few days after the day we showed it.

In my opinion, it resembles a head with horns which is how a lot of people see atheists: evil godless heathens. I have a friend that, I believe, can attest to being called such, but even if he hasn't one can easily find accounts on the internet. However, the ring looks like a halo (slightly ironic) above the head to show that despite living without god, most atheists are good people, even great people. Bill Gates, for example, has donated ~$28 billion to charities as of 2007. That was five years ago, and I'm sure he hasn't stopped. The light could also represent the same thing. Light emanating from the inside of it bringing warmth and joy. The cube on the inside of the head represents knowledge, and is red because red is the color of passion, and knowledge is a passion for most atheists.

This was thought up entirely after this project was completed, but maybe it was subconscious all along. I just thought that since I shared the meanings behind my cube, I should elaborate on this one as well.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt know Bill Gates was an atheist! I love this piece so much! You did an amazing job and the meaning behind it makes it even better! Great job!

    ReplyDelete